While the Nice Christmas village is unfortunately cancelled, the Cannes Christmas market will take place after all this year, from December 12, 2020 to January 3, 2021. About forty traders will be selling a variety of products including scarves, jewellery, crafts … etc. So plenty of gift ideas!
Strict sanitary measures to be imposed by the Town Hall during the Cannes Christmas market :
- Hydroalcoholic gel at the entrance to the village and in each chalet,
- Compulsory wearing of a mask,
- Take away food & drinks only,
- Preference for contactless payment.
Breathtaking illuminations :
Various other festive activities
Various other festive activities will take place during the month of December throughout Cannes:
- December 16 : Santa Claus costume show – Salle Gilbert Fort.
- From Saturday 19 to Sunday 27 December from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m : Father Christmas chalet – Avenue Pierre Sémard.
- December 24 : Little Musical Train – Rue d’Antibes.
‘CHRISTMAS ON THE BALCONY’ on social networks
That’s not all ! A competition has been organised by the City of Cannes, for the best decorated balcony in town. From December 1, all Cannes residents, individuals and traders, can take part by posting a picture of their decorations on social media and then submit a form on the Cannes website and it’s done! Participants have until December 24, 2020 to join in. Prizes include a night for two people in a Cannes Hotel for the first three winners in each category (1st Prize Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
Like Button Design, the City of Cannes seems to be more and more engaged on social networks.
All in all an exceptionally festive Cannes Christmas for a very exceptional year !